The Village of Carey Police Department Wyandot County, Ohio is seeking qualified professionals for the position of Part-Time Police Officers. The successful candidates may be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays as scheduled, and will perform police, dispatch, and administrative duties as assigned by the Chief of Police.
The Carey Police Department seNes approximately 4 thousand residents and currently operates a full-time Police Department, Detective, and a comprehensive Field Training Program including extensive firearms training and defensive tactics.
• Deter crimes and assure community through high-visibility policing
• Patrol assigned areas and monitor activities to protect people/property
• Investigate crimes and apprehend suspected law violators
• ObseNe and respond to various situations or emergencies
• Follow rules, guidelines, and protocols
• Conduct initial investigations
• Gather evidence and ensure successful prosecutions
• Produce internal reports and provide feedback on case status
• Deal with case paperwork and administrative procedures
• Foster good public relationships and liaise with community groups or individuals
To qualify, the applicant must possess a current Ohio Peace Officer Training Certificate and a valid Ohio driver's license. Candidates must undergo a physical examination, psychological exam, and background investigation.
The starting wage is commensurate with the guidelines of the Village of Carey 2020 wage ordinance. Those wishing to apply should submit a cover letter and resume with at least 3 references to the Chief of Police prior to May 31, 2022. interviews for the selected will begin in June 2022.
Job Type: Part-time to possible Full-Time opportunity
Salary: $19.33 /hour